Graphic Design International Written by
(Igildo G. Biesele, 1977, ABC Verlag, Zurich)
Graphic Design International: Creative Work of Selected Colleges of Design from 12 Countries
Igildo G. Biesele
ABC Verlag, Zurich
Text in German, French, and English.
25 x 25,5 cm
Creative work of selected Colleges of Graphic Design from 12 countries.
12 leading Colleges of Design in the Federal Republic of Germany, the Democratic Republic of Germany, France, England, USA, Italy, Poland, Japan, Holland, Czechoslovakia, Canada and Switzerland are introduced. Pedagogic and artistic conceptions of the Colleges, artistic criteria and effective work of the young generation, international comparisons, these are the signals for future designers and for their training. The work wich is stamped by the principle of quality, the creative activity at 12 Colleges in very differents parts of the world is just as essential for the expert (typographer, photographer, graphic designer, publicity manager, advertising agency, art teacher and designer in every spehere) as for those who are interested in artistic expression of our time.
- Foreword, Igildo Biesele
- Introduction, Walter Jungkind, president of iconograda
- Some thoughts about the profession and the training, Igildo G. Biesele
- Canada, University of Alberta, Edmonton
- Czechoslovakia, College of Applied Arts, Prague
- Democratic Republic of Germany, College of Graphic Arts and Book Designing, Leipzig
- Federal Republic of Germany, College of Arts, Berlin
- France, College of Graphic Design, Paris
- Great Britain, Ravensbourne College of Arts and Design, Chislehurst
- Holland, Academy of Fine Arts, Enschede
- Italy, Polytechnic of Design, Milan
- Japan, Tokyo Kyoiku University, Tokyo
- Poland, Cracox Academy of Fine Arts, Cracow
- Switzerland, Cantonal School of Fine & Applied Arts, Lausanne
- USA, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Michigan