Printed in black and brown pantone
Published by TSI
Typographic Systems International Ltd. and Letraset Ltd
Cover: Text setting of Bramley in Light, Medium, Bold and Extrabold, designed by Maxwell J. Baumwell. The quotation comes from the 1980 Christmas card from Stempel AG, and is used with their permission.
- ‘Brighton – a new contemporary roman family’. A new contemporary roman family in four weights being launched by TSI.
- ‘Bramley – a range of egyptians designed at Letraset’. A look at Brighton’s co-release – a range of egyptians designed at Letraset.
- ‘Ikarus – Type and the Computer’
‘Since the introduction of the Ikarus concept at the 1975 A.Typ.l. congress in Warsaw considerable work has been undertaken to improve the operational value of these software programmes to the designer and machine manufacturer alike. Today Ikarus software coupled to Aristo, Dec and Tektronix hardware has been installed at such prestigious manufacturers as Autologic, Berthold, Compugraphic, Hell, Mergenthaler, Stempel and Typoart and the system has now virtually been accepted as an industry standard for computer assisted typography…’
- ‘The Wizardry of Oz (Oz Cooper)’. A Baseline designer profile of Oz Cooper with illustrations from the Oz Cooper book.
- ‘Typography in Japan – Yasaburo Kuwayama’. An introduction to the work of Yasaburo Kuwayama.
- ‘TDC 26’. More letters from America – a review of the 1980 awards.
- Letters to the editor
©1981 Published by TSI Typographic Systems International Ltd. and Letraset Ltd.
For more informations, see the Baseline blog